writing a cookie with data from a form on one page, retrieving data from that cookie in a new page and then send it with a new form on a separate page
Posted on 2005-03-09
Ok, heres what Im trying to do (all on client-side)
1) the user enters his name in the name field on the address form on web page A
2) his name gets saved to a cookie locally.
3) If the user visits web page b and fills in the addresschange form, the name from address form A is then retrieved from the cookie and stored in a field name on form B on web page B.
4) After compleing form b on web page B, the user submits form B.
5) the Name saved in the cookie on form A also gets sent with the new address details entered on form B.
In a nutshell, I'm copying one item of field data from one form on one web page into a different fieldname on another form on another page and submitting the second form. Easy eh?
Grab them points !!!
Any help appreciated!