Create MX record for second domain
Posted on 2005-03-09
Here's my scenario:
- My Exchange server handles email for two domain names: "tomasent.com" and "setgrad.com" (all names fictional).
- My local domain is "sarna.tomasent.com".
- My exchange server is "temail".
- My DNS server is "teserver".
- I have one MX record in the forward lookup zone "sarna.tomasent.com": the host is "(same as parent folder)", the mail server is "temail.sarna.tomasent.com".
I need to make another MX record for setgrad.com. I have tried making a new forward lookup zone for "setgrad.com" and making an MX record in that zone with host "(same as parent folder)" and mail server "temail.sarna.tomasent.com", but I'm still not getting any mail on the setgrad.com accounts.
Is there a lag? Or am I doing something wrong? Or is there something else I need to do?
I'm also getting an Outlook error on my email accounts for setgrad.com:
"Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'
Is it related? From what I've read so far, it has to do with my global address book. . .
Thanks in advance.