Upgrading from XP Home to Pro (Domain Connectivity Issue)
Posted on 2005-03-15
We have a computer here at work that originally had XP home installed. It's an IBM machine and it has all the built in crap that IBM installs on its new machines, so what we did was got a copy of XP Professional and installed it onto the computer because we have a domain here at the office.
HERE IS WHAT I DO:
1) I right click my computer and go to properties.
2) I click the computer name tab.
3) I click the Change button to change from a workgroup to a domain.
4) I tick the radio button for domain and type in "mrjanitorial" without quotations (thats the name of the domain)
5) The user name and password box pops up (so there is connectivity to the server)
6) I put in the proper information to connect to the server's domain.
7) I get the following error message:
The following error occured attempting to join the domain "mrjanitorial":
Multiple connections to a serveror shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.
Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again..
I am however able to connect to shared drives and directories on the server computer.
Any idea what is going on?