I am deciding on the purchase between two IBM monitors. I want the monitor for video editing. Does anyone have any knowledge of these two monitors, or monitors with similar specs, in terms of "best" for video work - or, more specifically, best to the tune of $300 more for the better monitor. Thanks for any thoughts.
The main differences are listed below. Also, the 20 inch monitor is $300 more than the cost of the 19 inch monitor (close to double the cost).
IBM ThinkVision L200p Monitor
* 20.1-inch viewable image area
* Native resolution 1600 x 1200
* Automatically scales resolutions less than 1600 x 1200
Contrast Ratio 400:1
Maximum Vertical Refresh Rate 85 Hz
IBM ThinkVision L190 Monitor
* 19-inch (482-mm) viewable image size
* Native resolution: 1280 x 1024
* Scaling for viewing of full-page images of resolutions less than 1280 x 1024
Contrast Ratio 500:1
Maximum Vertical Refresh Rate 76 Hz
They both seem similar in the following ways:
Both have the same brightness 250cd/m2
Both have comparable minimal horizontal refresh rate
Both have comparable slowest vertical refresh rate
The L200P has "automatic scaling of lower resolutions" and the L190 has "scaling" - perhas they are the same.