?
Solved

Overlapping text in pie charts

Posted on 2005-03-29
3
Medium Priority
?
902 Views
Last Modified: 2006-11-18
Hi experts,

I am a beginner user of Crystal 8.5.   I'm doing some pie charts, and typically there is, for example, one slice of 90% and the other 10% is shared between 4 more slices. The problem is, the labels for these 4 are all overlapping, making them illegible. What's the best way round this - can they be preformatted in some way?

Ta,  Colin

0
Comment
Question by:colinspurs
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
3 Comments
 
LVL 2

Accepted Solution

by:
bsippy earned 500 total points
ID: 13651990
Right Click on the chart, select 'Chart Options', select 'General', select the tab 'Data Lables' and then check the checkbox of 'Labels on side', hope this will help


bj
0
 
LVL 42

Expert Comment

by:frodoman
ID: 13652074
When dealing with slices that small, you may want to consider removing the Data Labels and just show a color-coded legend on the side.
0
 
LVL 3

Author Comment

by:colinspurs
ID: 13653491
Thanks BJ, works great.  I did consider omitting them altogether, but the client just has a black and white printer.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: SSL Checker

Scans your site and returns information about your SSL implementation and certificate. Helpful for debugging and validating your SSL configuration.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

There have always been a lot of questions related to when Crystal Reports evaluates report components (such as formulas, summaries, cross-tabs, charts, to name a few examples). Crystal Reports uses a two-pass reporting process to provide greater …
Hello everyone, Hope you find this as helpful as we did. We have on the company I work for an application built in Delphi V with Crystal Reports 8. We all know that Crystal & Delphi can be temperamental sometimes and the worst thing is, nearly…
Michael from AdRem Software explains how to view the most utilized and worst performing nodes in your network, by accessing the Top Charts view in NetCrunch network monitor (https://www.adremsoft.com/). Top Charts is a view in which you can set seve…
Visualize your data even better in Access queries. Given a date and a value, this lesson shows how to compare that value with the previous value, calculate the difference, and display a circle if the value is the same, an up triangle if it increased…
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month13 days, 13 hours left to enroll

801 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question