Mail Search & Destroy Agent
Posted on 2005-03-29
I need to create a database that will house a seek and destroy agent and its log. What I am looking for is an agent that can go out to every database on a server and perform the following tasks.
1) Find and report a specified message.
2) Delete that occurrence in every database and log them.
We are running Lotus Notes 5.0.13 on Windows 2000 Server. Basically what we are looking for is if a certain e-mail has gone out to a distribution list we need the ability to recall that message, deleting from everyone's Inbox. We have mail databases and mail-in databases that would need to be touched that reside on 3 different servers and are located in multiple directories. If we can get an agent that just does it on one server recursing all subdirectories in the data directory we can modify it to meet our needs across multiple servers. What we need is the code to look at databases in multiple locations and delete documents from them.
The reasoning behind this are the following scenarios:
1) Person sends out incorrect information to a large distribution and we need to retract it.
2) Automated Notification agent is incorrectly activated so we need to retract those e-mails.
3) Person spams company directory with large size e-mail and we want to retract it.
4) Dangerous email gets through firewall, spam & virus filter, and virus shield and we need to destroy it. (This one is a slim possibility but always the chance exists)
As I am green when it comes to actual scripting, I need some direction in this type of agent. I have not been able to find any example code either so I turn to the experts here.