I wish to start developing code for Apps that can run on Linux.
I installed Fedora Core 3 with the ”install everything” option. So far so good!
It comes with a number of compilers, so here are some idiot questions:
1) Which front end should I be developing for Gnome or KDE or X Windows?
2) Which is the best language to go for?
3) Which is the best IDE (or code editor) to use?
4) After your software is completed will it run in all of the GUIs?
5) What is the chance of the software also running on a Mac or Sun?