I tried nearly anything I found on the Internet regarding this problem - without any success.
We have an Exchange 2003 server running under Windows Server 2003. I'm trying to activate "Outlook Mobile Access" but can't get it to work. All I get is - with any browser - the message "Service Unavailable" (HTML code: <h1>Service Unavailable</h1>) when I try to access http://our-server/oma
Of course I have activated OMA in the global settings (mobile services). The web server directories exist and seem to be active. There are NO messages regarding this problem in the system log.
I have tried some things I found on the Internet and here on EE: Checking the security settings of the /oma web application and adding the line <pages enableSessionState="true"/
> to the Web.config file. I even restarted the server today after this change. Didn't help.
I also think this is another error as most people have with OMA. At least some get a more specific error messages. I tried activating ASP debugging messages, but the only thing i get is this "Service Unavailable" thing. If I try from a mobile device or with a WAP emulator, I get "503 Service Unavailable".
Because this is a produtive server I can't recreate all the Web directories as stated in a KB article by Microsoft. The risk to break OWA functionality is too high.
I hope someone of you might have a clue on what's going on here.
Thanks a lot.