Ok, so I messed up a report I'm working on big time, I'm using VS.net, and have a ADO.net dataset as where I'm pulling my data from. I fill this dataset from code, send it to the report at runtime and it USED to work great!...until...
I added a new field to my dataset, and tried to get crystal report to update it, so I could use the new field from within the report. I started doing things I probably shouldn't have done, like "Log Off/On Server" and "Add/Remove Database" Well I messed it up somehow, and now when I try to run the report, which ran great and I haven't made changes to the code, I get the dreaded "logon failed" error. This confuses me, because the report shouldn't be "logging" onto anything. The report itself seems like it should work, my original database table is there, and when I view how this is connected it us using the VB.net classfile of the DataSet. Let me describe what is happening...
'ds is my dataset, already filled
Dim oRpt As ReportDocument = New ReportDocument
oRpt.SetDataSource(ds) 'When I step through the code, when I execute this line, I get about a 30 second delay, churns my processor really good, but the error doesn't happen at this point
Dim oStream As MemoryStream = CType(oRpt.ExportToStream(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat), MemoryStream) <-- error occurs immediately when I hit this line
The ugly error:
[LogOnException: Logon failed.]
.F(String , EngineExceptionErrorID
.A(Int16 , Int32 )
Intranet.ScheduleInvestments.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\www\Intranet\financial_reporting\ScheduleInvestments.aspx.vb:77
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67