My PC running a Linux web-server is connected to a Mentor ADSL Router MR4A at home. When I'm at the office, I would like to access my PC using Internet Explorer, but I can only access the router on port 8080.
1) Home configuration:
- fixed LAN IP addr of the router: 10.1.2.100 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- fixed LAN IP addr of the PC : 10.1.2.1 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- WAN IP of the router: changes from time to time
2) Router configuration changes:
- I've tried PPPoA+NAT, then PPPoE+NAT, then Bridge mode, but I cannot see the PC with Port forwarding and Virtual servers:
- HTTP Ext.port 80 to IP 10.1.2.1 Int.port 80 (enabled)
- FTP Ext.port 21 to IP 10.1.2.1 Int.port 21 (enabled)
- HTTPS Ext.port 443 to IP 10.1.2.1 Int.port 443 (enabled)
- Telnet Ext.port 23 to IP 10.1.2.1 Int.port 23 (enabled)
- FTP data Ext.port 20 to IP 10.1.2.1 Int.port 20 (enabled)
3) I can access the Admin pages of the router from Internet with http://
<WAN IP addr>:8080/
and so can modify the configuration as needed from the office.