I am carrying out a disaster recovery of our Widoes network and am stuck on restoring the information store for exchange
The Current Steps taken
1. Installed windows 2000 as a standalone making sure i name it the same as the original server
2. Installed Server Pack 4 along with I.E 6 and all security updates and patches.
3. Installed Veritas backup Exe Ver 8.6
4. Re-started in directory services restore mode and restored the system state
5. System then re-boots with the domain environment and active directory
6. I then ensure the information store service is running and go into the properties of the stores and check the box this database can be overwritten by a restore
7. I DO NOT check Commit after restore completes.
8. The restore starts and goes on for about 1 hour but then the job failes - goes on hold
In the job log it states the error CONNECTION TO RESTORE TARGET HAS BEEN LOST USING VERTIAS BACKUP OPERATION CANCELLED
We are running Windows 2000 server SP4
Exchange 2000 Server SP3
Symantec coprporate edition 8.0
Norton Anti virus for exchange ver 2.0
ANY IDEAS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Look forward to your comments