another weird one that I am having an issue with that someone maybe able to help with...
* Windows 2003 physical servers set up in a workgroup as underlying network
* Virtual Server environment running on the above in MS Virtual Server 2005 instances on each box
* Windows 2003 Domain installed in Virtual environment
* Virtual environment NICs can see physical one and vice versa
* MOM 2005 installed on 2 MS Virtual 2005 servers - one as Mgt Server and second as SQL DB Server
* MOM running fine and monitoring virtual servers
* attempting to monitor the physical servers in workgroup from MOM installed on virtual server
* normal agent install doesn't work (as expected if attempting to monitor non domain servers) so manually installed MOM agent on physical server in workgroup - install states can't resolve MOM Mgt Group
* DNS and WINS have records for virtual and physical environments
* you can ping by names from both environment
any help greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance