Windows 2000 Server Isass.exe - System Error
Posted on 2005-04-08
This latest critical problem may be a progression of my earlier problem of the system unexpected shutdowns that have been occuring that I have not received a solution for...
Now however we have a major problem ...
The system shutdown unexpectedly on 4/2/2005 when I was out of the office ... when I go back today I restarted the
server as usual (after the unexpected shutdowns) and it will not bot up properly ...
During the Network Connections start up phase the system errors the following:
Isass.exe - System Error
Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Services can not start.
(It then says to hit okay and it will restart and it says to go to the restore directory services option in the F8 menu)
I have done this several times ... and it boots into safe mode ... however I don't see what to do next ...
1) I have tried to look at users and anything in the active directory and it says I must login with correct rights (which I have, but now the login is local)
2) I have looked at the setting under properties of My Computer and the Domain is not there anymore (and can not be changed)
3) I have gone into Computer Management and tried to connect to the domain and it does not see it anymore ...
4) I have tried to go into the "Setup Server" system that is used when first installing Windows 2000 ... it just hangs up
5) I have also tried the reboot to the last know good configuration ... no luck
Is there a way to restore so that the system works again ?