Greetings wise wizards of EE:
I recently inherited an antiquated, but very cool little desktop, the HP XG834. This compact little PC has a 733 MHz processor, and runs Windows ME. The previous owner didn't install any security software, and this machine has picked up all manners of glitches over the years, and is in sore need of a reformat. Though I have the paper documentation, the previous owner has lost the RECOVERY CD that came with the machine. This is what I now seek, in the hopes I can breathe new life into this cool little PC, which could be quite useful for all manners of...well, uses. Even if I reformat without it, and use a different operating system CD, I'm going to run into trouble without the appropriate drivers for this machine. I need to find that Recovery CD, and I'm going to search the globe until I find it, but I need to be shown the way to do so...
I have tried many sources to find the HP XG834 Recovery CD, but alas, I have struck out so far. Here's where I have looked:
1. Hewlett-Packard. I called their product department, and they no longer provide support or parts for this model of PC
2. Ambry.com. This company was referred to me by HP, as they provide support for older HP & Compaq products. They are out of inventory for the HP XG834 Recovery CD's, and advised me to check back from time to time.
3. eBay. This is clearly hit and miss, and so far, I've missed.
4. softlookup.com. This is a site that I discovered from a Google search, that provides all types of driver downloads, but alas, did not have the HP XG834 drivers or Recover CD I was looking for.
5. A Google search. The most I could find from this method were a few sites that discussed the HP XG834 stats, and not much else.
So far, that's all I've come up with. My question is:
Do any of you fine wizards know of a resource where I might find the rare Recovery CD for the HP XG834?
Many thanks in advance,