[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now


Login failed for User sa in Remoting.net and RMI

Posted on 2005-04-13
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2011-09-20
i have strange problem
1:i have been working on remoting project  with sql server database on different server
authentication works well. now i have changed the server and export database to my local server.
i check the connection in a simple c# window project and it work fine retriving data.
but when i try the same connection in Remoting project it give me eexception "Login failed for user sa"
no sa problem and password problem koz it is working in simple window project.
 same problem occurs in Java RMI
and same error generates
i use ODBC in RMI and ODBC works fine and tested successfully.
for RMI i uses the same database and tables.
it was also working fine it was on differnt server.

if it is sa or password problem or ip problem then why it is working fine in other Projects.

kindly guide me.
Question by:Klusner

Expert Comment

ID: 13780271
Check whether your local server is configured so that remoting can work
I guess there are configuration differences between the servers


Also check if there is a firewall between where the remoting object is hosted and the local server...

i think one of the above reasons may cause the issue. Hope it is of help. Apologies if it doesnt


Expert Comment

ID: 13781868
try specifying either "persist security info" either as true or false (forgot whicht one it had to be but my guess is "true") in your connection string.
although iirc that behaves weird with the sa account so you might want to change to a normal user account (which is always a good idea anyway)

Author Comment

ID: 13814578
Ok problem solved

 i  was sending password as parmater to function where connection is coded but i never conconate the password. on previous server the sqlserver the password was emty therefore code didnt mind and executed and nver able to detect the bug.
when i specify other  server name , well it definitaly require password and therefore i was unable to detect the bug.
now conconate the password parameter in the string and works fine now
now ssi integrated stuff i included koz the connection string works okay in other projects. it was only a parameter concanation mistake
thanks for help

Accepted Solution

modulo earned 0 total points
ID: 14028353
PAQed with points refunded (500)

Community Support Moderator

Featured Post

Concerto's Cloud Advisory Services

Want to avoid the missteps to gaining all the benefits of the cloud? Learn more about the different assessment options from our Cloud Advisory team.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Performance in games development is paramount: every microsecond counts to be able to do everything in less than 33ms (aiming at 16ms). C# foreach statement is one of the worst performance killers, and here I explain why.
The article shows the basic steps of integrating an HTML theme template into an ASP.NET MVC project
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an anti-spam), the admin…
Whether it be Exchange Server Crash Issues, Dirty Shutdown Errors or Failed to mount error, Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery has always got your back. With the help of its easy to understand user interface and 3 simple steps recovery proced…
Suggested Courses

867 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question