So I have this idea...
It may have been done before, but I can't find any good examples.
I want to write a php file that goes out to the Florida Lottery website and downloads lottery data and, based off that data, generates lottery numbers.
The program should work logically something like this:
1. download http://www.flalottery.com/lottery/downloads/completenumbers.pdf
2. Calculate all winning combinations for every winning number sequence
3. figure out the most common winning numbers
4. figure out what numbers are statistically due
5. print out a "best guess" for the next winning combination.
Since all winning numbers are freely available in that pdf, and that pdf is updated every time there's a new winner, shouldn't something like this be feasible?
Can anyone help me get started?