I am reintroducing barcodes to some of our paperwork and am running on a SCO Unix 5.0.7 platform.
In the past I have used Barz_out Pro for Unix vesion 2.1 from Unibar (circa 1997)
This application allows you to use "triggers" within your document to turn on and off what sections of the document prints in plain text and what part is barcoded. Worked well in the past.
I would use Unibar products again, except:
The demo version I downloaded has some bugs in it.
Unibar won't reply to by inquiries
As of last year, Unibar would not issue me a new license for my old Unibar package that I would like to run on my new server, nor offer me upgrade pricing.
Can anyone suggest another package that will allow me to :
1. Place multiple barcodes on the page.
2. Placement of barcodes will be vary based on content of document.
3. Allow rotation of barcode in 90 degree increments
4. Support basic barcodes: Code 128 & 3 of 9 would be more the sufficient. 2D would be nice, but is not necessary.
5. Compatible with printers that support PCL5.
6. Operate in a character based environment.
7. Operate with a script and require no user interaction.