Yes, I just installed Server 2003 Service Pack 1 - and am now UNABLE to download MS Updates. When I go to Windows Update- it sais:
Windows Update cannot continue because a required service application is disabled. Windows Update requires the following services:
Automatic Updates enables detection, downloading, and installation of critical updates for your computer.
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) enables faster, restartable downloading of updates.
Event Log logs Windows Update events for troubleshooting. To ensure that these services are enabled:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, right-click the service name, and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic.
5. Verify that the service status is started.
If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.
**** The firewall is disables (as it comes with SP1). What could be the problem here?? Maybe IE ??