We are experiencing a major mysterious issue and hope that someone can make any sense of this.
We have a 35 user Novell 3.12 (yes, I know) single server network being accessed by mostly WinXP computers. The server is located in a computer room that is air conditioned and has been running smoothly for 13 years.
As of 1 month ago, we began experiencing slow downs in our DSL Internet connectivity at approximately 5:20pm. Did the usual troubleshooting, eventually replaced the modem and all was great for another week. Then b/w 5P and 6p we'd lose Internet then network connectivity. We'd reboot and couldn't connect.
- we'd check logs on server and all seemed fine, looked as if server was still operational and that issue was infrastructure related
- we'd down the server at the time of failure and bring it backup but wouldn't connect
- one one occasion we left server on despite failure and in the morning around 9:00am everything resumed as if nothing happened.
- we've replaced the network card in the serve
- we've replaced the switches
- we've replaced the UPS
- disconnect from Internet then network
- always between 5p and 6pm
- everything is normal after 9:10 am
- it doesn't happen every day
- if it happens on the weekend, we don't know we're not here
Your ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.