Posted on 2005-04-23
Sometimes I feel that someone is monitoring my PC. I get the following symptoms:
- Computer becomes very slow
- I move the mouse, but the pointer follows very slowly (delayed action)
- When I request for a program it takes a long time
What I do:
- Scan my computer for spy programs (definitions are always up-to-date)
- Scan my computer for viruses (definitions are always up-to-date)
What I suspect is that the Network admin might be accessing my computer to see what I am doing. Many colleagues experienced this and complained.
We have a Windows 2003 server and Windows 2000 Pro. workstations.
Now, if the admin tries to access my PC, will Spy Software or AntiVirus catch this action? Or do I have to put a personal firewall.
So, what I want is:
- How to know if my computer is monitored
- What is the best program to use to catch who is accessing my PC and prevent him
Thanks a lot