Laptop screen is completely blank when booting, never shows any text or icons at all
Posted on 2005-04-26
Model: Sony Vaio PCG-8C3L
OS: Win XP Home
Before the video went out, the laptop was starting to display some error messages, including the following:
Error 0280: Previous boot incomplete - default configuration used
But now, there is not any video display at all. The lights come on, and you can see the orange light for the battery charging it up.
I have done the following:
- tested DC voltage output from the AC adapter, and it reads 19.65 volts (19.5 Volts is what is required)
- removed the battery and tried booting the laptop; the lights still come on (except for the battery charging light), but still no video display
- booted the machine with a Win XP CD in the CD-ROM drive, but still no video output
- removed one stick of RAM and moved the remaining one to the other slot. Same error message.
- plugged in a CRT monitor to the video port on the back of the laptop: Still no display
- toggled the Fn-F7 keys to switch between display types - No joy
No matter what I do, I can't get to the BIOS, and I can't get Wndows to come up so that I can check on the status of my hardware. What do I do next? Thanks.