An Unfamiliar, Familiar Riddle:
Posted on 2005-04-27
Following your freedom from the prison you have landed in the city...
You have again been convicted and found guilty of an abominably horrendous crime. However, you have been at your best behavior so the warden decides to give you a chance at freedom. You've been brought into a hut in the forest with the warden. You have to pick the path to your freedom (the city) or you will follow a path that leads back to the shack where you will be tied completely so you cannot be moved and left. Once more, there are a few conditions:
1) It will be solved by either chance or intellect.
2) This time you're in a straightjacket and your legs are chained together so that you cannot make any large strides.
3) You may ask only one guard one question.
4) There are seven paths, each guarded by 2 guards.
5) The guards will either tell the truth or lie when asked.
6) The warden is behind you.
7) Once you have chosen a path, you must take it.