Win98 1st ed
Most web pages work fine, a few show up as text - the source code is shown, the code is not executed, just a bunch of html, etc. Otherwise the pc seems to work OK. I also notice that email in OE shows up as text with html tags.
I did a complete spy and virus scan, found a few things and cleaned up, but no fix. I tested for Java JRE - went to the sun java site and did their test, JRE tested OK.
I have not been able to isolate the web pages with the problem as far as filename extensions - .html vs. .asp or anything - or type of script, etc. Sometimes the problem occurs in pop-up windows (legitimate pop-ups) but not always. I turned off Google Toolbar but no fix. The problem seems to have started after the pc was upgraded from IE 5 to IE 6.
I tried the " repair IE" in Add/Remove but no fix.
All ideas welcome.