Problem with PC dropping Network Connection
Posted on 2005-04-28
I have a PC that is constantly dropping the network connection after the screen saver and power save options take effect of if the PC is logged off. I have done the following:
- Since it was locking up in specific software applications after "waking" back up, I formatted the drive and re-installed everything - DID NOT HELP
- I changed the network patch cable - DID NOT HELP
- I chaged ports on the switch - DID NOT HELP
- Since the NIC card is integrated, I replaced the entire motherboard thinking that the card was causing the problem - DID NOT HELP
- I flushed the local DNS cache, let DHCP issue a new address - DID NOT HELP
- I removed the PC from the Domain, flushed the local DNS cache, manually deleted both the DHCP record and the DNS record for this machine, then re-joined the Domain - DID NOT HELP
- If the PC is nevered logged off or if there are no power save options active, it stays connected - NOT AN OPTION
- I have tried disabling STANDBY this morning, but I have yet seen if that is going to help.
This morning as soon as the PC logged onto the network, a message box appeared stated that the connections have been limited to the network. I checked the event viewer and the request for an IP address timed out and a temporary address had been assisgned by the PC.
At this point I have no idea what could be causing this problem.