Posted on 2005-04-28
How to Configure the Code Access Security Policy for .NET
All .NET Applications run on the local machine with no problem as this is the default setting.
However, such is not the case with .NET Applications placed on the Intranet shares. Attempting to do so will result in Security Exceptions being raised when these applications are run.
To get rid of this problem do the following:
1) Under Control Panel double-click on Administrative Tools.
2) In Administrative Tools double-click on Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration.
3) Once this program opens click on the link for Configure Code Access Security Policy.
4) On the next screen click Adjust Zone Security.
5) Make changes to This Computer.
6) Click on the icon for Local Intranet.
7) Move the Trust Level to Full Trust and click Next…then Next again…then Finish.
Applications places on the Intranet should now run without having Security Exceptions raised.
Is there a better way to be handling this?
Can issues like this be configured or resolved during the INSTALL?