Custom tag / settings for Resizing images using coldfusion
Posted on 2005-04-28
I need to find a good quality / cost effective image resizer for ColdFusion MX that gives us the following functionality:
1) good quality thumbnail creation
2) Ability to apply smoothing or blurring functions prior to resizing (to enhance quality of generated thumbnails)
3) the ability to generate and output grayscale images (not 100% necessary but desired)
I am already aware of and have experimented with CFX_IMAGE, CFX_JPEGRESIZE, and the ImageJ CFC, .. and have also attempted to use the Alagad image component as well as the efflare custom tag.
CFX_IMAGE = The quality is awful. I'm trying to add the IML "setjpesmooth " command to the tag in attempt to blur the image somewhat prior to resizing, . but it doesn't seem to be taking. ( COMMANDS="setjpesmooth 10" ) ... what is the correct syntax for this? And what range of numerical values can be assigned?
CFX_JPEGRESIZE = The quality is much better, .. but there are no built-in smoothing or blurring functions??
ImageJ CFC = Would be ideal, only it's buggy as hell
* chokes on black and white images - generated thumbnails get corrupted and wont' display in flash animations
* does not resize proportionally (sometimes gives be a black square with a little tiny image in the upper left corner (??)
Efflare custom tag = installed, but generating errors - nagging about some other, unrelated DLL file missing (??)
Alagad image component = installed, but generating errors. Nagging about not being able to find component (??)
Any advice would be appreciated.