In my laptop with Windows XP Pro, connected to a cable modem, I try to create a VPN connection following the standard steps, but instead is creates a kind of dial-up connection.
The steps I'm following are:
- I enter the New Connection Wizard, choose Connect at my Worklplace, VPN, enter name
- First problem: that New Connection Wizard ask me the "Public Network", and I choose "Do not dial"
- Then enter the IP and finish.
- Worst part: when the login window appears, it has the username and password, then the "Save this username ..." section, then it shows a third section that should not be there asking me for the telephone number to dial.
- In that login window, when I press "Properties", the tab "Networking" shows "Type of Dial-Up" (PPP, SLIP) instead of "Type of VPN"
I tested that connected to my home router, then directly connected to the cable modem, also without any active connection, and is allways the same.
What should I do now?