Paint Above Controls
Posted on 2005-05-02
In my project I am trying to do a kind of transition effect. It goes like this:
1) Some controls are visible on the form
2) I capture an image of the form into a TBitmap
4) A timer paints the image onto the forms canvas every 10 milliseconds, making it slightly smaller each time (revealing more of the new contents of the form)
3) New controls are shown
4) The timer stops painting the image after it has done it 100 times
This works fine except for 2 things:
1) The form flickers a LOT. I have set the forms DoubleBuffered property to true but still it flickers...
2) The image is only painted above descendants of TGraphicControl. Other controls are still visible...
I need a way to solve both of these problems...