Win2k domain upgrade to 2003 with Exchange 2003 Server
Posted on 2005-05-03
Hello and thank you for all your help. I have a W2K domain with 6 sites. The main site was 2 servers one is a W2K DC and the other is also a W2K DC and also has Exchange 2003 on it. The second largest site has one W2K DC. We will be keeping all the current hardware and would like to keep all the file shares in place. I will be purchasing a new server for one of the other sites. This job will be done on a weekend
My plan was to:
1. Backup everything
2. Take the new server or any pc for that matter and join it the 2K domain as a 2K3 member server and run for a couple weeks
3. Move all operations roles to W2K server at main site.
4. run DC promo on the W2K DC with Exchange 2K3 and pull AD off of it.
4. run DC promo on the W2K DC at second site and pull AD off of it.
3. Run adprep/forest then adprep/domain
4. run dcpromo on 2K3 Member server and move all operations roles to it after it finishes
5. upgrade W2K server with Exchange to W2K3 Server
6. upgrade second site server to W2K3
7. run dcpromo on W2K3 member servers
I have never done an upgrade with Exchange 2003, and am not sure what to expect.
Thanks again for all the help