URGENT HELP NEEDED !! (I can't work) I cannot send or receive mail from XP + Outlook 2003 (Error message: 0x80042109)
Posted on 2005-05-08
Somebody - Please Help !
Suddenly I cannot send or receive any e-mail messages (using XP + Outlook 2003). Problem started after I one morning downloaded the latest virusdefinitions from Norton (System Works 2005)...but I am not sure if this is a NAV conflict problem.
This is the error message I get: Task "SMTP server name - Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."
To resolve the issue, I have so far tried the following (but nothing has worked):
1) Deleted my e-mail Account + Restart + Added my e-mail account again.
2) Un-installed + restarted + re-installed Outlook 2003
3) Checked if I can send/recieve on Outlook Express, which I can = no problems ( but I prefer to use Outlook)
4) Changed my Internet E-mail Settings to..."My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication + Log on username +
5) Turned off Norton e-mail scanning (ingoing + outgoing mail + Norton Firewall (Windows firewall is disabled).
6) Un-installed EVERYTHING back to Hewlet Packard factory settings (using HP Advanced System Restore)...and then
re-installed all Norton products (system Works 2005 + Internet Firewall 2005) and Office 2003 again.
7) Considered throwing the computer out through the window.......
I'd be so grateful if anyone can help me (but please use normal english - I am not very good with computers).