Can anyone explain me:
(1) In the device manager what is the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers ?
(2) What are the primary and secondary IDE channels?
(3) What are device 0, device 1 etc. in each of the channels?
(4) In the Advanced tab of the Primary IDE Channel properties, can I put Device 1 to 'Type: None', instead of the current setting:'Type: Auto Detection'?
(5) Can I do the same in the secondary channel?
Note: I have 1 hard drive, 1 DVD +RW drive, 3 USB slots.
I want to do this to speed up booting, as a friend of mine suggested. Is there any ill effect to this?
Thanks a lot.
512 MB RAM
60 GB HD