I am running Cisco Unity on a Windows 2000 server running IIS. There are some asp pages for administration. In the event logs I am getting:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10004
Time: 2:49:23 PM
DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_KSQQSN03 in order to run the server:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Time: 10:00:44 AM
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp
I tried the following:
To resolve this issue, reset the passwords for the IUSR and the IWAM accounts so that they are the same in both the Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase and in the local accounts directory. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
2. Under System Tools, click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
3. Right-click IUSR_ComputerName, and then click Set Password.
4. Click Proceed.
5. Type the password in the New password box and in the Confirm password box, and then click OK.
6. Right-click IWAM_ComputerName, and then click Set Password.
7. Click Proceed.
8. Type the password in the New password box and in the Confirm password box, and then click OK.
9. Quit Computer Management.
10. Click Start, and then click Run.
11. In the Open box, type cmd and then click OK.
12. Type cd drive:\inetpub\adminscript
s, where drive is the drive where Windows is installed, and then press ENTER.
13. To reset the password for the IUSR_ComputerName account, type the following command (where password is the password that you set in step 5), and then press ENTER:
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/anonymoususerpass "password"
14. To reset the password for the IWAM_ComputerName account, type the following command (where password is the password that you set in step 8), and then press ENTER:
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/wamuserpass "password"
15. Update the starting identity of all IIS COM+ application packages by typing the following at the command prompt:
cscript.exe synciwam.vbs -v
Note You may need to restart IIS for all changes to take effect. To restart IIS, click Start, click Run, type iisreset, and then click OK.
Synciwam gives error 80110414
I then go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q269367
I try to start the IIS-Out-of-Process under component services and I get error 8000401A configured identity is incorrect.
From the client (IE) I get HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Active Server Pages, ASP 0131 (0x80004005)
The Include file '../SaHeaderInc.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.
.asp, line 1
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)