My fairly newly created DNS has stopped working. Not sure what I've done. Need help ...
1. Simple '20 user domain'
2. DC has DNS on it - clients use DHCP - 'A' records have been registering OK
3. The gateway is a GNATBOX which is working fine
4. The DNS fails the 'recurrsive' test
5. Forwarders are set to 'pingable' external DNSs
6. If I bypass our DNS using DHCP (set to external DNS's) ... all is well ... but I don't know what I've done wrong here
So, I need an expert to walk me through DNS testing.
Perhaps to add to the confusion, there are 2 NICS on this machine, a 184.108.40.206 address (for the subnet it is suppling) and a 10.10.1.100 address, so I can remotely use it from my office (i'm on another domain) ... I don't think this is having a baring, but it might.
Any help pleeeeeeeeeease