I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 to send a message to recipients in a Contact Items list in the BCC field. When I hit send Outlook reports "The operation failed." and doesn't provide any further information. Is there any possible way to find out why Outlook is failing, a possible log file?
Things I have tried:
1) Turned off Microsoft Word as the default editor.
2) Tried sending to fewer contacts in the BCC field, sometimes sends, sometimes doesn't-- there is no pattern. Could there possibly be some corrupted entries in the Contact Items that I cannot see?
3) Checked Exchange Server settings for Maximum KB per message and Maximum recipients per message.
Other things to take into consideration:
1) We have just migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.
2) We have just updated all are copies of Microsoft Office 2003 via officeupdate.microsoft.com. Should I possibly uninstall SP1 and the updates, and if so how do I do so?
3) The email is in HTML format and contains 2 attachments totallying < 2 MB.
I have read most of the solutions regarding the "The operation failed.' error message however none of them have helped solve this bizarre issue. Any help would be greatly apreeciated, I am in a bind to have my fellow co-workers send out an email to several hundred contacts but were receiving this unhelpful error message. Thanks!