Command Line NTBackup
Posted on 2005-05-12
I am trying to create a bat script, that would use Windows NTbackup program to do the following using command line:
- backup Data, System State and Exchnage
- Mail a notification upon creation, with log files attached
- Keep three days worth of backups
What I want, is to ask:
1. Is it possible, to know the name of the log file that the backup generats, and store it in a variable. This should include the path of this file as well ?
2. Can anyone please help me with keeping the latest 3 files for NTBackup and delete the rest from a folder ?
Has anyone implimented this using NTBackup ? I know there are better solutions like Veritas available, but NTBackup and a batch script is the only choice I have.