I have an IBM ThinkPad A22P that shuts off unexpectedly, when it's in XP Pro SP2 and even when not in the OS (while in the BIOS). It seems to be from overheating, although I'm not certain. I've tested it while on battery only, with AC adaptor connected, and every combination thereof. I don't think it is the AC/DC power adaptor, as I've used other known good ones. I'm thinking that it must be the processor fan not working or the main system board fan not working, but I can't find the FRU replacement part for a system board fan, only a processor fan.
Has anyone had a similar problem, or knows what the solution to this is ?