Hi. I have a network of 3 pcs, and a laptop. I can access the network on all the pcs (although I do have to type in the network key manually before they will connect).
My laptop refuses to connect. I got the following error - Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again -
I then did what Microsoft advise: 1. Click Start, point to Connect To, click Show all connections, and then double-click your wireless network adapter.
2. On the General tab, click Properties.
3. Click the Wireless Networks tab, and then click Add.
4. Type the service set identifier (SSID) of the access point.
5. Set Network Authentication to Shared.
6. Click to clear the following check box:
The key is provided for me automatically
7. Type the WEP key for the wireless network access point in the Network key box.
8. Type the WEP key in the Confirm network key box, and then click OK.
On my Netgear set up (wireless) I have:
1) SSID (as above)
2) Region - Europe
3) Channel 10
4) Mode g and b
5) Enabled wireless access point
6) Allowed broadcast of SSID
7) Set up access list (nothing changed here)
8) Authentication type - shared key
9) Strength 64 bit
10) Key 1 10 characters.
On trying to connect, now, the out of range error has gone. I get Please wait while windows connects to the "XXXXXXXX" network. But it doesn't connect!
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this. Thank you.