I have tried checking in/checking out linux source code to and from CVS server.
However after checking out and building the image, the image itself doesn't seem to work.
Here's what I have:
Linux 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-8) - Here's where I build, compile my source code
Windows 2000 Pro with WinCVS 1.3. - Here's where I edit the code using Source Insight and checkin sourcecode using WinCVS.
Take note that I have a large amount of source because the whole linux kernel is included as well as other code.
Here's what I did before I check in:
1. tar all folders that have files consisting of same filename but different case. (e.g. linux.h and Linux.h)
2. tar all symbollic links located in the folder.
3. tar folder containing files like dev which are 0 in size and cannot be copied directly to windows directory.
4. After having compressed all files that might be affected in Linux, copy the whole source to windows directory via Samba.
5. Checkin to Linux CVS using WinCVS 1.3
Here's what I did for checking it out:
1. Check out code from CVS server.
2. Be sure to check checkbox checkout using Unix LF
The result is:
even though builidinng the image might be successful, but testing the image itself shows that there is a problem...