I have a Netgear FVL328 VPN router at office. I am connecting remotely with Netgear VPNclient, VPN05L software.
I followed the Netgear manual exactly as shown in Appendex G, "Netgear VPN Client to Netgear FVL328".
THIS IS MY OUTCOME:
(1). The connection dialog works perfectly with no errors.
(2) I browse the office network by using Windows Explorer, drilling down to: My Network Places, Entire Network, Microsoft Windows Network, <my workgroup>, <machine>
(3). All the machines in the office are visable. However, it takes 10 minutes for all machines to show up.
(4). When I browse by clicking on <my workgroup>, <machine>, I get this error: \\<machine> is not accessible.
(5) HOWEVER, if I go to Start, Run and enter this: \\192.168.1.111, the Windows Explorer pops up showing me all the shares on that machine.
MY REMOTE PC SETTINGS:
(1) TCP/IP properties match my ISP's. assigned IP address (Static), Subnet Mast, Gateway and DNS addresses.
(2) My Workgroup is set to the same one as in the distance office.
(3) My firewall/router has been removed to eliminate any confusion whether something is being blocked by it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO CORRECT THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS?:
(1). To be able to browse machines in the Windows Explorer and click on their shares in order to map drives. "NET USE Z: \\192.168.1.111" does not work.
(2). Speedup the connection process which takes entirely too long.
(3). To be able to do all the above when I reconnect my router. What special router settings are needed on the remote PC running VPNclient?