I work for an entrepreneurial startup and have the ambitious task of building a data-driven website I could sure use some help! Here is what I have to work with:
1. We have no I.T. dept. I hope to build at least 80% of the site with off-the-shelf products that can be somewhat customized.
2. I only know VB.NET, so would like to use that + SQL Server platform (ASP.NET).
3. I'd like to keep costs as low as possible, but we're willing to pay for the "good stuff" if necessary (but try to keep total cost under $50K)
This will be a website for insurance agents. Here is what it has to do (the basics at least):
1. I need to setup "personalized agent websites" as subdomains using some kind of template system (i.e. mike.ourdomain.com). If I can figure out a way so that agents could edit their own sites themselves, that would be great.
2. I need to create a web form that allows "online enrollment" (a binding electronic contract) for agents to sign up with companies we represent. I need to add logic to this form that would validate the agent's info. Agents are "recruited" under various hiring managers, and there are several recruitment levels. So this enrollment system needs a way to identify both their hiring manager and the appropriate level to place the agent (using a special code or password the agent is given). Then the agent needs to be presented the appropriate contract to electronically sign. Did I mention that I also need to generate an encrypted feed (HIPAA compliant) to send to the insurance company? Whew.
3. I need to create a secure "Agent Portal" where agents would log in with a User Name and Password. Once logged in, the agent needs to be delivered personalized content based on what companies they're licensed with and other agent characteristics. This portal would be a repository for news, various PDFS, and reports.
Here's what I've researched so far:
- Using CMS like Mambo, ExpressionEngine, Sitecore, or Vignette
- Using Web Portal system like Vignette Web Portal
- Using hosted form solution like LogiForms or FormRouter
- Using hosted database like Caspio
- Using Intelligent PDF forms like Adobe LiveCycle
- Using Rapid .NET Dev tool like IronSpeed
I'm really not sure what combination of tools will be adequate for this job. I can do a small amount of custom VB.NET programming, but don't have the time or experience to build anything from scratch. Oh, and did I mention that our CEO wants everything yesterday??
If anyone could point me in the direction of some good tools that will do this job, I'd greatly appreciate it!