I haven't been to this new client yet but this is what I'm being told by other techs who have been there. I've now been handed this problem to resolve. I have not touched the server yet nor seen any Event logs. The problem is that the server seems to get sluggish and performace dramatically falls off as the day progresses and they have to reboot it mid-day each day to keep it functional. I've tried to narrow down the complaints as to exactly what is slowing down but I'm getting the usual generic responses. So I'm taking a fresh look at this problem from the ground up on the server. I have been told that this server also had been contaminated with a virus and spyware at one point and the O/S has never been re-installed.
I just found out today that this client recently was upgraded from NT to 2003, including a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 including the whole migration to Active Directory as well. So the number of potential problematic variables in this scenario is rather high. But I figured I'd throw this out there in case any of you have had experience with this problem. Thanks.