I have 6 XP Professional Computers in my office. I am a network engineer. I have setup the computers for file sharing in the following way.
1. Each computer has a login account and password
2. Each computer has "Simple File Sharing" disabled
3. Each computer has firewall disabled
4. Each computer has the C Drive Shared with full access permissions to the Everyone group.
5. LMHost and Netbios Defualt settings are checked
6. Each computer is a member of the workgroup LONGWOOD
I have mapped a drive on all computers to the shared C drive on each computer. Some of the computers give me an "Access Denied" error message when I try to open a folder from the mapped drive.
Also on some of the computers, when I go to network places and click on "Show Workgroup Comouters" I get the error message "You may not have permission to use this network resource... Access Denied"
What is causing these strange network erros. I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH SECURITY. Should I enable "Use Simple File Sharing" anbd remove all user accounts. I just want to be able to share all my files successfully on a peer to peer XP Pro network.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND UNLESS YOU ARE AN EXPERIENCED NETWORK ADMIN/ENGINEER.