I am trying to do something that should be simple. However, I am trying to do it so it is not.
1. I am trying to implement a formmail script called: NMS Formmail. It can be found here: http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/
2. I think my problem is that when I edit the formmail.pl file I am using the wrong editor and/or saving it incorrectly and/or uploading to the server incorrectly. Here is what I am doing:
1. Edit formmail.pl with Notepad
2. I make the changes I believe are necessary according to the directions.
3. I click on Save As and select these options:
File Name: formmail
Save as Type: Text Documents (*.txt)
4. I then upload via FTP in BINARY mode to my host server. The server shows the file as a PL file but it does not work AT ALL. It is not a configuration problem with the file. It is uploaded to the correct cgi-bin directory. I am uploading the darn file or saving it incorrectly I am sure. Can someone help?