How is this possible? All of the student accounts are copies of the same template account with the same perms, group membership etc...
All of the accounts open without problems on the Win2000 clients. Everything works except the OKI printer which is connected to a small D-Link print server.
This problem is not computer specific. The results are the same no matter what PC is used to open the accounts.
I have tried deleting a problem account and related home folder, and then recreating it. Still the same result.
I am not using foreign characters in the account name. One of the problem accounts belongs to Lisa Ambjørnsen. Her user account name is 06lisa.ambjornsen.
I have recreated her account 3 times. Never works. The 4th time I changed her name to Lisa Ambjorn and username to 06lisa.ambjorn. Then it worked.
But I have other accounts with foreign characters in the main name, but removed in the username, and they work.
I have created and recreated all accounts by taking a copy of a template student user account.
I need urgent help on this.