troubleshooting Question

What's needed for a leased line (T1) to connect two offices

Avatar of Guitarman316
Guitarman316 asked on
22 Comments1 Solution922 ViewsLast Modified:
Hello, The company I work for is turning up a new site.  We are in the midst of working with the telco's on a leased line that is a t1.  What we would like to do is to have 4 channels of voice and the balance used for data.  We are being told that we will have to provide an adtran,  router and firewalls on both sides of the line.

What I need to know is exactly what equipment must I have, with a breif discription of its function.  I know what routers, switsh etc are.  I don't know what an adtran is, but have been told it is used to provision the t1 for voice and data circuits.

From a network infrastructre point of view, we have a 192.168.0.X subnet and a 192.168.1.X subnet currently.  The .1 is internet only ( no internal access ) and the .0 is our internal network.  We're thinking that the new facility will be .2 subnet.  Users will be connecting to web services for data and web servers on the intranet.  Additionally, they will access the internet through the .0 subnet.

So, What do I need to get the job done?  This is an urgent issue so I am giving it 500 points.
Join the community to see this answer!
Join our exclusive community to see this answer & millions of others.
Unlock 1 Answer and 22 Comments.
Join the Community
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 22 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros