LTO3 Ultrium tapes and Backup Exec 10d - capacity show incorrect on media label

I installed an Dell LTO3 tape system with Backup Exec 10d.  

If go to my Media Set and right click a Medial Label, the statistics tab show a capacity of less than 100GB.

The tapes are Ultrium3 (400GB/800GB).    

Is the media label statistics something different than the tape capacity?  

Thanks guys..

LVL 14
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

make sure you've got LTO3 drivers installed - perhaps windows has detected it as LTO (1).

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
top_rungAuthor Commented:
The drive is a Dell PowerVault 114T (

I Installed the drivers that came with the drive's Dell Powervault CD.Dell's support on the 114T is slim!  The disk that ships with the drive is for the 110T and I assume its the same only that the 114T is a two drive system versus a single for the 110T.

In Device Manager, it shows as:  IBM Ultrium III Tape Drive.  I assume this indicates the ability to handle 400/800GB capacity.

top_rungAuthor Commented:
more clarification:  The drive is a Dell PowerVault 114t LT03 Ultrium
Build an E-Commerce Site with Angular 5

Learn how to build an E-Commerce site with Angular 5, a JavaScript framework used by developers to build web, desktop, and mobile applications.

top_rungAuthor Commented:
Spoke to Veritas and they "require" there own drivers.  Although mine were the proper LTO3 drivers from Dell, they want to use their own.

So unistalling the Dell supplied drivers and reinstalling the Veritas drivers worked.   I also had to remove the device within Veritas and re-add.

I should have thought of that - we tend to use the Veritas drivers by default (after getting windows drivers installed though), just didn't think, sorry.

Glad you got it sorted though
top_rungAuthor Commented:
Thank you for giving your input.

You pointed me in the right direction and in doing so, it got me on the phone with Veritas.

It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Storage Software

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.