I will be switching an office of 200 employees to AD03. Have the domain controller setup already. Will move the data from Novell to 2003 member server manually.
The question is I have the users running XP machines. I would like to use roaming profile to maintain everything on the server, then create a sub folder to my documents and make it available offline.
The questions here are:
1) should the profile be located on the DC?
2) if I use roaming profiles, would that make it slower when they logon to their machines locally offsite?
3) every user has their own computer, should I still use roaming profile.
4) should I just worry about the home directory and ignore the roaming profile completely?
5) Should I make the FS server a member server before copying the data across or should I do it after I got the data copied over from NOvell?
6) Any additional tips I should worry about.... I have used 2000 AD a few years ago, but using Novell daily for the past 4 years has confused me completely and made me forget a lot about AD.