I'm trying to import Goldmine data into MS Access. Goldmine has an XML export feature, so I'm trying to import those XML files using VBA code.
When I use the following code, it works on the one file and doesn't on the other. The XML files are exported using identical settings. One file contains Goldmine Email messages for the month of May en the other for the month of July. May gets imported and July doesn't (and yes, I have tried to recreate these files a number of times).
Here's my code (please correct any mistakes - I am an XML amateur):
Dim xmlDoc As MSXML2.DOMDocument30
Dim objListOfNodes As IXMLDOMNodeList
Dim objNode As IXMLDOMNode
Set xmlDoc = New DOMDocument30
xmlDoc.async = False
xmlDoc.validateOnParse = False
Set objListOfNodes = xmlDoc.selectNodes("//gmdata/accounts/*")
For Each objNode In objListOfNodes
----- rest of code -----
With the one file, all goes well. With the other file, no objNode is found so the code skips to the end without errors.
I've opened the XML files in a text editor and they look just fine to me. The nodes I want are present.
(BTW I have this problem with other files as well, I've just restricted it to May.xml and July.xml to keep it simple here).