My mail server was working perfect yesterday, but then today I am not receiving any of my mail. Last night we had a power failure, so the system was shut down. We had a power surge so I don't think anything was corrupted. Maybe some setting was reset or something.
I am using dovecot (IMAP port 143) and Sendmail (SMTP port 25) on Fedora Core 4
1. I can send mail just fine
2. I can receive mail sent from in the network
3. Anything I send to us from outside the network I don't receive (ie: using yahoo/gmail to send)
4. I can telnet in to port 143 from outside the network just fine.
5. seLinux is disabled
6. Here are the entries related to email from iptables
ACCEPT tcp -- 10.0.0.0/27 anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:smtp
ACCEPT tcp -- xx.xxx.xxx.xx (HOME PC) anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:smtp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:imap
As you can see everything seems fine. I don't understand why I don't receive any email sent to us from outside the network. Any ideas?