Advice on migration 2003 DC and Exchange 2003
Posted on 2006-03-21
OK experts I got a fairly big project coming up and would like any tips and tricks to help make it go as smooth as possible.
1. File server 2000 also acts as GC, DC
2. Exchange 2000
3. Citrix box
1. File server 2003 r2 GC, DC
2. Windows 2003 r2 Exchange 2003
3. Presentation Server 4.0
On original Domain
1. Run adprep /domainprep adprep /forest prep
2. Join new 2003 GC, DC and let AD replicate
3. Transfer FSMO roles let stabilize - transfer files and folders
4. Demote old server
5. Add New Exchange server as member server install and update Exchange
6. Use Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard to test then move mailboxes
7. Demote old Exchange box
8. Add Presentation server to new domain make DC
9. Let AD replicate
10. Re setup apps and let it fly!
Please critique this plan and add any real world knowledge on what and how you would do it different.